Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fasting From Words

Day one of the silent cook went well. I must say that I was nervous making my 60th birthday vow known to all I live with. It's a household of nine other folks almost all women and though we've spoken about not speaking in the kitchen following the information given on psychic-cook's blog of June 10 titled What The Heck Is A Psychic Cook, Anyway? http://psychic-cook.blogspot.com/ I wasn't really sure how my vow would be received.
Certainly not speaking did cause me to consider what I was about to blurt out and would have done in earlier days.
The other thing I noted was that after coming out of the kitchen I was more conservative with my speech. Still feeling that I should not be speaking or should be sure that the speech was related to what I was doing and not just social, idle chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment